“O™” by Cirque du Soleil®: Romantic. Graceful. Poetic.
Cirque du Soleil weaves an aquatic tapestry of artistry, surrealism and theatrical romance in the timeless production of “O”. Described as “liquid magic” by the Los Angeles Times, “O” boasts a custom built nearly 5.7 million-liter pool that artists dive into throughout the show. This breathtaking show is inspired by the concept of infinity and the elegance of water’s pure form. “O” pays tribute to the beauty of the theater – from the simplest street performance to the most lavish of operas – where anything is possible and where the drama of life plays itself out before your very eyes.
About the Show
- The pool can be transformed into a dry stage in a manner of seconds.
- "O" features the largest contingent of Olympic Athletes of any of the Cirque du Soleil productions, with seven of its performers having participated in one or more Olympic Games before joining the show.
- In High Dive, the performers jump from 18 meters above the stage into a 5-meter-deep triangular section of the pool.
- The music of “O” is played live every night. The musicians need to be in a climate controlled environment, as many of their instruments are quite valuable and react easily to changes in temperature or humidity.
- Around 1,200 costumes and headpieces are used in every performance.
- From world-renowned director Franco Dragone
- Children must be 5 years or older to attend the show.
These artists joined "O" from Mongolia. They represent one of the 21 nationalities within this international cast.
"O" is liquid magic…
This steel frame ship floating above the water provides the platform for this truly unique display of acrobatic timing and strength.
Inspired by the beautiful villages of Europe, the AAA Five Diamond Bellagio Resort & Casino overlooks a Mediterranean-blue, 3-hectare lake in which fountains perform a magnificent aquatic ballet. Award-winning dining, a world-class art gallery, the exquisite Conservatory & Botanical Gardens, the stunning performance of “O” by Cirque du Soleil, a sumptuous spa and salon and exclusive luxury shopping all work together to compose the symphony that is Bellagio. Bellagio is an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM).
"O" performs Wednesday through Sunday at 7:00 pm and 9:30 pm. The show is dark on Monday and Tuesday.
The “O” theatre in Bellagio mirrors the elegance of the hotel itself. The central element of the theatre is the nearly 5.7 million-liter pool of water — reaching a depth of 7.6 meters — built into the stage. The design takes on classic European opera house styling, including tiered orchestra seating, balcony seating and side galleries on two levels. The capacity of the "O" Theatre is 1,806.
More experiences nearby
TripAdvisor's Top U.S. Destinations
Nevada: Living the Cowboy Life
9 Weekend Getaways From 9 U.S. Cities
Lake Mead National Recreation Area